my friend shawni (i call her my friend, but she has no idea who i am:)) she put into words just how i feel:
"There is something magical about having a baby. Your baby. The way you know just how they like to be held. The way their eyes light up when you walk into a room. The way you can understand every noise they make (most of the time after you have put in some good sweat and tears to figure that out). The way your heart feels like it just may burst out of you when you watch them sleep at night. I looked forward from the time I was practically a baby myself to that time when I would be able to carry my own around on my hip, their pacifiers as a ring.
Sure, they were trouble. Sure, they caused me to loose sleep and hair and stomach muscles. But they were mine. And I could never, ever seem to get enough of them."
10 comments:
Beautiful Alison. You made me cry.
the sweetest that life has to offer, right in that little face.
lovely reminder and so true.
love you.
:) such a sweet post. love it. I've been trying to do the same.
we are living the "abundant life." xox
You have definitely been blessed. Those days with all six under your roof are going quickly. You're so wise to embrace it all. Live each day with gratitude. That darling face makes me melt. And I love Shawni's quote. The thought of no more babies makes me ache. xoxo
I love that, Al. It makes me feel so blessed to be a parent! You've made me so excited for all of the fun stages. You are an excellent mother!
This post made me smile. You have a wonderful family.
She Is Adorable!! I loved the quote...so true. I also loved your list! I never thought of it, but "sniff" stood out to me. I always "sniff" Mike when I get him out of bed! :)
Oh...makes my heart ache that they do grow too fast!!
I know just how you feel. My baby is 2 1/2 and even though he is changing more slowly than my others, I cherish each day with my little man. They grow too quickly. Your little brood is so precious. I agree, you are so blessed!
Post a Comment