Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

instead of a new year's resolution, i am going to make a "new month's" resolution! research shows three to four weeks is all the time you need to make a habit automatic. i am going to take this year to work on something new each month . . . and hopefully, by the end of the year i will have improved my life a month at a time!

so . . . my january goal is to spend time in the scriptures every day.

let this new year be the beginning of a new life in each of us where in "old things are passed away." let all blessed old things stay, but let the clutter of our heads and hearts be removed, that new inspiration and new affections may come in to gladden our lives.
-chester emerson


6 comments:

cristie said...

The perfect quote for a fresh start. Thank you. xox

Lisanne said...

So I sat down to watch the TCU/BSU game and thought of your darling son's birthday party! (He is the only fan I know :)) Not ten minutes later, there your cute son was on the TV! What a fun memory for him, college football is the best. Way to go Broncos!
lisanne

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Great idea for monthly goals. That's probably a better way to do it anyway because it doesn't seem so overwhelming.

Sarah said...

hey you . . . just checking in to say hi- it has been a long while. looks like you guys have been busy back and forth to UT and such, birthdays, and more. Bet you are glad to get back to some "normality".

Love the quote. I may just have to use that. Love the idea of picking one thing a month to work on. I may have to use that too.

Hope life is good. Miss you girl.

xoxo

Deb said...

Hey guys! So fun to see all the festivities. This picture reminds so much of why we are here and where we are going! I am committed to the Temple this year and of course Ashley is going to help us (me)along the way. She got engaged on Christmas and we are so thrilled. We will also be sealing the girls to us in the next short while. I can't wait to renew my self this coming year! Sure miss you. Love the fam!

Melissa: said...

what a terrific idea. One at a time, and by the end of the year, 12 resolutions worked on. I like your thinking.