Friday, May 22, 2009

Over the river and through the woods . . .


. . . to Grandmother's house she goes.

I was surprised at my emotion when Abi got onto that airplane for her much anticipated vacation.  I asked her for a hug before she got on, and it was an 'I don't have time for this' hug. I asked her for a real hug, where she responded "Mom, I'm going to be late"!

I am going to miss this girl. I have been so excited for her to take this little trip. She LOVES spending time with her Grammy and Aunt Sis. As I was waiting for her plane to take off, I was thinking about our nearly twelve years together and how fast they have flown by.  How lucky I am to be her mother.

Have a great time Abi!! I can't wait to hear all about it. Give everyone a big hug for me . . . Grandpa too:)

5 comments:

cristie said...

cute post honey.

well your little gal is here, happy and sporting new pair of sunglasses :)

thanks for parting with your big help and letting her spend a few days with us. we feel lucky! xox

swensen squeeze said...

Oh my gosh...she is way to big!! I can't believe that she is going on the plane by herself!! I have to agree with you - once they hit school - the time just flies by!! MIss you...when are you coming?

Melissa: said...

love that girl. I hope to see her while she's in town :).

alicia said...

Very sweet post. Such a hard thing being a mom... watching our little ones grow up and be so independent. I can only imagine how hard it will be at 12 and with each milestone.

Carrie said...

Hey Ali, haven't been on for so long, it's May and crazy time....Great to see you and the kids! Hope you are Wrapping up the school year great and looking forward to summer! Hope to see you soon! Carrie